Tuesday, May 8, 2012
• Of course, it's not the only track to be taken to local media this week, with Rebecca Ferguson's aforementioned 'Glitter & Gold', Gossip's 'Move In The Right Direction' and Deadmau5's 'The Veldt' also getting serviced. And as always, we'll have a more comprehensive list of the tracks taken to radio over on our OFFICIAL FACEBOOK page later this week, so 'Like' us and you'll have the list of newbies delivered straight to your feed!
• Aussie chanteuse Tina Arena has announced another show in Brisbane. Once again accompanied by the Queensland Symphony Orchestra, Tina will take to the stage at the Lyric Theatre on Friday July 06 in addition to the existing show on Thursday July 05. Tickets for both shows are on sale now.
• Those who won't be in Melbourne this weekend for Saturday's Red Bull Beat Suite, featuring the talents of international star Aloe Blacc, are in luck, with organisers confirming that the event will be streamed live across the globe. The Red Bull Beat Suite brings together a live orchestra with talented vocalists, beats and turntables that will combine with an interactive visual display incorporating 3D technologies. Best you log onto www.redbull.com.au/beatsuite for all the guff.
• Shock Records has announced the forthcoming local release of the new album by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros. The nine tracker is entitled 'Here', features the band's new line-up of Alex Ebert, Mark Noseworthy, Aaron Arntz and Seth Ford-Young and will be released in Australia and New Zealand on Friday June 01.
• And on the UK albums chart this week, Marina & The Diamonds takes the cake, with their new album 'Electra Heart' slamming the British No.1 spot. Lana Del Rey's 'Born To Die' edges one place higher, while last week's No.1 from Jack White slides to No.3. Norah Jones' newbie 'Little Broken Hearts' debuts in the No.4 spot, with Marilyn Manson's latest effort 'Born Villain' only managing No.14.
Posted by auspOp at Tuesday, May 08, 2012