Monday, March 5, 2012

JUST FOR JEPSEN

If you've been wondering (like us) who the devil Carly Rae Jepsen is - and how the unknown's single 'Call Me Maybe' managed to debut at No.79 on this week's ARIA singles chart, allow us to illuminate.
Carly is a former Canadian Idol contestant, placing third on the fifth season of the talent competition back in 2007. She's already won plenty of industry accolades and has gold-selling singles in her homeland.
The video clip for the Canadian songstress' single features none other than Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez and Ashley Tisdale and she's recently been signed up to Schoolboy Records, which is co-run by 'The Bieb'.
After Justin tweeted about the song to his global throng of followers, the song started to impact - as it did here in Australia - and it seems we haven't heard the last of the 26 year old, with Justin saying, "I feel as an artist I have a responsibility to pay it forward. When I was home in Canada I heard Carly and I became a fan and felt like I could help her the way Usher once helped me. The good news is she is a superstar."
Aussie audiences seemingly agree thus far, catapulting the single to the top 50 on the local iTunes chart after just over a week on sale.
If the single really makes an impact locally, expect Universal Music to release her latest album here quick-smart.

No comments: