* It's back. After a little false start on her debut Aussie single 'Bad Boys', the local ball is now most definitely rolling on the Alexandra Burke project. The single is now at radio in Australia and a physical single (originally slated for a December release) is now scheduled for January 08.
* We've been hearing some very good things about the new Gabriella Cilmi material. The singer's new track will hit the airwaves early in the new year, with sources revealing it's inspired by '80s disco. The Bird And The Bee's Greg Kurstin has been on production duties, as well as Xenomania, who produced her last album.
* Aussie outfit Cloud Control has cancelled their gig in Brisbane tomorrow night. Citing a 'family emergency' for the cancellation, Frontier Touring says the band will be replaced at the gig by The Hungry Kids of Hungary. Refunds are available until 4pm tomorrow from point of purchase. Cloud Control will still play their Friday night show at The Troubadour.
* Speaking of live dates, after their incredible performance at last week's ARIAs, The Temper Trap has sold out their gig at Melbourne's Forum Theatre early next month. Tickets for their Enmore Theatre gig in Sydney are now selling fast.
* It's been almost ten years since their last album 'Lovers Rock', but now Sade is set for a global chart return, with Sony Music today announcing that the band's new album 'Soldier Of Love' will be released in Australian on February 05, just in time for Valentines Day.
* Goldfrapp will release a brand new album in March. 'Head First' is expected to drop at Australian retail on March 19 next year, with the album's first single 'Rocket' due to land at local radio early in the new year.
* Universal Music will release the soundtrack to the brand new movie 'Nine' in Australia on January 08. The film, based on the hit broadway musical of the same name, is set for a cinematic release on January 21. Cast includes Daniel Day-Lewis, Penelope Cruz, Marion Cotillard, Dame Judi Dench and our own Nicole Kidman.
* The stars will come out to play in St.Kilda in Melbourne from midday this Saturday, with Kate Ceberano and Australian Idol runner-up Hayley Warner dropping by to a Target pop-up store at South Beach Reserve to perform and sign copies of their respective CDs.
* Aussie popster Amy Pearson's next single will be 'Aftershock'. The new track, due to be serviced to radio before Christmas, will appear in a physical single format in-stores from January 22.
* Bliss 'N' Eso have returned home from the US to play three gigs over the new year period. They'll kick things off in Perth for the Origin NYE spectacular in Bassendean, before hitting Mornington's Solar Music Festival in Victoria on January 03. The boys are also hitting MS Fest in Launceston on Feb 06. The band's 'Flying Colours Live' DVD is now in-stores.
* And country star Lyle Lovett, who's hitting our shores in March, has been forced to change some of his performance dates. His March 23 gig at Perth's PCEC Riverside Theatre has now been moved to Monday March 22 at the Concert Hall and his March 25 gig at Her Majesty's Theatre in Adelaide has been brought forward a day - to Wednesday March 24. All other dates and venues remain the same and tickets for all dates are on sale on Tuesday December 08.