* Aussie outfit Jet has been added to the line-up for Victoria's Hot Barbeque at Point Nepean in Portsea. The band will hit the stage alongside the likes of The Presets, Sneaky Sound System, Bertie Blackman and Lost Valentinos at the January 16 event.
* The gang from MS Fest in Launceston has announced that they've secured the services of Redline Buses to ferry party goers to and from the February 06 event. Services will run from Burnie, Devonport and Hobart, with seats limited. Check the MS FEST WEBSITE for more information.
* Former Australian Idol singer Jacob Butler has scored a nomination in the Independent Singer Songwriter Association’s International Song Contest. Jacob scored the nod for his debut single 'Coma', which was released in early August.
* US outfit Black Lips have announced two local shows as part of an Australian tour. The band will play Melbourne's Corner Hotel on February 04 and Sydney's Manning Bar on February 08, with tickets for both shows on sale on Friday November 27.
* MTV Australia has revealed the performers on the pre-ARIAs red carpet this Thursday night. Cassie Davis, Phrase, Orianthi and Daniel Merriweather will all perform, with the show broadcast on MTV this Thursday night at 7:30pm.
* Michael Coppel has announced that Jarvis Cocker's forthcoming show in Adelaide, set down for December 10, has had a change of venue. The show, originally set down for HQ Bar, will now take place at the Governor Hindmarsh. All other details remain the same.
* And a DJ set by the irrepressible Bloc Party has been added to the Melbourne line-up for Summadayze on New Years Day.