* The Fame Monster edges ever closer this week with the first of the new singles from Lady Gaga's forthcoming repackaged album hitting local radio today. Universal Music sent 'Bad Romance' to local radio this afternoon and the track has been deemed the Premier Pick in the Aussie radio bible, The Music Network.
* Other tracks out to radio today include the Spandau Ballet comeback track 'Once More', a new Stereophonics single ('Innocent'), the new Timbaland single 'Morning After Dark' and from Warner Music, the new track from Jay Z featuring the vocals of Alicia Keys, 'Empire State Of Mind'.
* Aussie outfit The Butterfly Effect have announced three live shows in New South Wales at the very end of December. The band will play the Great Northern Hotel in Byron Bay on December 27, the Plantation Hotel in Coffs Harbour on December 28 and the Shellharbour Workers Club on December 29. The band then heads to Victoria for the Pyramid Rock Festival. Tickets for the New South Wales dates are on sale on Monday October 26.
* Last year's X Factor winner Alexandra Burke has debuted at No.1 on the UK singles chart this week with her brand new single 'Bad Boys', edging out Robbie Williams, whose new single 'Bodies' came in at No.2. Michael Buble popped in at No.9.
* On the UK albums chart, The Editors have debuted in the No.1 position with their new album 'In This Light And On This Evening'. They edged out Chipmunk's album 'I Am Chipmunk' which popped in at No.2. Shakira debuted at No.4 and the Saturdays had to settle for No.9 - ironically the same peak as their last album 'Chasing Lights'.
* Perusing our copy of Girls Aloud's brand new 'Out Of Control' live tour DVD, we counted two posters being held aloft in the crowd referring to Australia. Why do we think that Girls Aloud Australia may have had something to do with this?
* And former Sugababe Mutya Buena is reportedly keen to get the original Sugababes line-up back together again. After recently meeting up with Siobhan Donaghy, she's said to be convincing both Siobhan and Keisha to reform as a trio. Now THAT would be interesting.