* Original UK Idol Will Young has revealed the (very yellow) cover art for his forthcoming greatest hits album 'The Hits', due in November. The album will be released in two versions - standard and a deluxe version which will feature a DVD with all his videos.
* Sony Music Australia has this week taken 'Just Can't Throw Us Away', the debut single by Packed To The Rafters star Hugh Sheridan, to radio for adds, along with new singles by Gossip and Jordin Sparks.
* Lily Allen makes her long-awaited appearance on Aussie soap Neighbours tonight. She'll be performing her latest single (what timing!) '22'.
* Universal Music has taken out a few new tracks to radio this week including the new single from Mariah Carey, a cover of the Foreigner classic 'I Want To Know What Love Is', Short Stack's new single 'Ladies & Gentlemen' and the new Michael Bolton single 'Just One Love'.
* Girls Aloud star and X Factor judge Cheryl Cole has revealed that she'll release her debut solo album 'Three Words' in the UK in late October. It's release will be preceded by the single 'Fight For This Love'. No word yet on a local release.
* Susan Boyle is already topping the charts with her debut album - even though it's not due for release until late November. The Britain's Got Talent singer has topped the Amazon.com albums charts on pre-orders alone.
* The Sugababes have just missed out on the coveted No.1 spot on the UK singles chart with their latest single 'Get Sexy'. They were kept off the top by another first week debut - Jay-Z (along with Rihanna and Kanye West).
* And in some Twitter action, Janelle Monae got stuck in a tunnel, Amy Pearson got some flowers (lucky girl) and Ricki Lee's hitting the studio today to mix the second single from her forthcoming album 'Hear No, See No, Speak No'.