* Europe won't be the only ones having all the fun as of next year with the inaugural 'AsiaVision' Song Contest coming our way. With 13 countries already on board, including Australia, and a host nation yet to be announced, the countdown is on! Click on the logo to find out more.
* The gang at Girls Aloud Australia has let us know that the girls' recent single 'The Promise' has somehow made it's way onto the Australian iTunes store.
* Boy band JLS has retained their position at the top of the British singles chart for a second week with their single 'Beat Again', while Michael Jackson retains his place at the top of the UK albums chart.
* Pearl Jam scored the most added song to Australian radio last week with their brand new single 'The Fixer'.
* Thanks to auspOp reader Phixxit for letting us know, but the Robbie Williams website is counting down to a major announcement tonight. It's timed to go off at 11pm Australian Eastern time (2pm UK time).
* Aussie rockers Grinspoon have announced a three date tour in support of their upcoming album 'Six To Midnight'. They'll play in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane on September 16, 17 and 19 repectively, with tickets on sale on August 13.
* And it seems you don't have to be an Aussie these days to qualify for the 'Australian' singles charts! In a little error this week (picked up by eagle-eyed auspOp reader Tuvak), the team at ARIA has classified Swedish songstress Agnes as one of our own, adorning her with a No.12 chart placing on this week's Australian singles chart (pictured).