Wednesday, March 18, 2009

GAGA'S LOVEGAME

The Lady Gaga phenomenon has swept the world, with the singer gracing charts across Europe, North America and here in Australia but with previous single 'Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)' missing out on the No.1 spot afforded to her first and second singles in Australia, her local record company Universal Music has moved quickly, sending another track to radio this week. 'LoveGame' is the singer's fourth Aussie single, as it is in Canada, New Zealand, Switzerland and France and although a local physical single release has yet to be confirmed, we anticipate that one will hit stores in late April, with this spectacular new cover image being revealed to us by her record company late yesterday. 'LoveGame' marks a return to the sound of 'Poker Face' and 'Just Dance' that bulleted the singer to the top of the Australian singles charts last year.

UPDATE (MARCH 24): LoveGame is scheduled for physical single release in Australia on April 17.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never got into the whole Lady Gaga thing, and as much as I try, I can't. And this clip does nothing for me either. I hear/read that she is original but I just hear a formulaic song, and see old school Janet/Christina/Madonna/etc influences in the clip. Am I alone..?!?

Aaron said...

Great!!!

Can't wait - I love this song!

A couple of unrelated questions - Have you seen anything about Kaskade's "The Grand" getting a physical release? - And do you know any more about the PCD release, if the rumored "Doll Domination 2.0" is the mysterious TBA album?

Anonymous said...

I don't get Lady Gaga either. Guess people needed a new face to the usual formula pop.