Wednesday, September 24, 2014
The new LP comprises six new songs, including the aforementioned lead single with Kelly, along with a collection of ten of Trisha's best-loved songs, most famous of which is her 1997 version of 'How Do I Live', which hit the top five here in Australia.
"This album was about bringing together the songs that show what I’m all about," Trisha said in a statement. "These are the classic songs people fell in love with and the new songs that show what’s next."
'PrizeFighter' will be released in Australia on Friday November 21.
He wrapped up his most recent shows in the series back in July, but has revealed today that he'll head out for a final series of regional shows throughout New South Wales and Victoria.
Things kick off in Castlemaine in Victoria on November 20, with a further eight dates to follow. The tour ultimately wraps in Katoomba on Friday December 12.
Tickets for all are on sale this Friday from 9am.
November 20 : Castlemaine (Theatre Royal)
November 21 : Ballarat (Karova Lounge)
November 22 : Geelong (Barwon Club)
November 23 : Warrnambool (The Loft)
November 27 : Newcastle (Lizotte's)
November 28 : Goulburn (Astor Hotel)
November 29 : Wollongong (Anita's Theatre)
November 30 : Kincumber (Lizotte's)
December 12 : Katoomba (Baroque)
Most famous in Australia for his hit singles 'I'm Yours' and 'I Won't Give Up', Jason released his latest album 'Yes!' a couple of months back, so the team at Chugg is bringing him back down under so his fans can get a live taste.
He'll play Melbourne's Palais Theatre on Wednesday December 03 before venturing to Sydney for a date with the State Theatre stage on Saturday December 06.
Tickets for both shows are on sale from 9am on Thursday October 02.
December 03 : Melbourne (Palais Theatre)
December 06 : Sydney (State Theatre)
• Aussie doyens of dance, The Aston Shuffle and Uberjak’d have teamed up with the gang at Universal Music and EMI to offer up their expertise as part of the Budweiser ‘Made For Music’ campaign. Launching on October 01, the program aims to give budding musicians industry feedback, as well as opportunities to hone their craft and win opportunities to further their music careers. Check out www.budweisermadeformusic.com.au for more information.
• Melbourne! Want to have your say as to who the hottest new artist to come out of your fine city should be? The list of finalists in this year’s ‘Melbourne Music Bank’ is down to just 12, but now organisers need your help in whittling the number down to four. The ultimate winner will snare two days in a recording studio, a video clip, live gigs, album artwork, 500 CDs and PR and marketing advice. They’ll also score the chance to have their track used in a commercial for the Bank Of Melbourne. Voting closes on Sunday October 12. Cast your vote HERE.
• Among the new tracks out and about at Aussie radio this week are the aforementioned Ella Eyre single ‘Comeback’, along with The Royce Twins’ ‘Heartstrings’, Ivan Gough & Feenixpawl’s ‘Hear Me’ (with Christine Hoberg on vocals) and All We Are’s ‘I Wear You’. As always, there’ll be a more comprehensive list of this week’s new tunes on our FACEBOOK page tomorrow.
• Paul Dempsey has announced a trio of solo headline shows across the East Coast in November. He'll play the Factory Theatre in Sydney on November 07, Triffid in Brisbane on November 15 and the Corner Hotel in Melbourne on November 21. Tickets for all are on sale tomorrow from 9am.
• Hoorah for The Script, whose new album 'No Sound Without Silence' premieres in the top spot on the UK albums chart this week. Sam Smith's 'In The Lonely Hour' is down to No.3, with another debut in the No.2 spot... from Barbra Streisand and her new duets album 'Partners'. Chris Brown's 'X' is new at No.4, Slash's 'World On Fire' comes in at No.7 and there are further top ten debuts from Train ('Bulletproof Picasso' at No.9) and Catfish & The Bottlemen ('The Balcony' at No.10). Our own Vance Joy premieres at No.20 with 'Dream Your Life Away'.
Tuesday, September 23, 2014
To cope with demand, they've added a second show at the Metro Theatre - on Sunday November 23.
But the early bird catches the worm... tickets are on sale tomorrow at 10am.
November 22 : Sydney (Metro Theatre)
November 23 : Sydney (Metro Theatre) NEW SHOW
November 26 : Melbourne (Forum Theatre)
November 27 : Brisbane (The HiFi)
November 28 : Perth (Capitol Theatre)
All naturally talented, all naturally attractive, all with a penchant for musical theatre, it's a wonder we didn't see his eyes light up with dollar signs when they first auditioned for 'Britain's Got Talent' earlier in the year.
After winning the show (was the result ever really in doubt), they signed to Simon's own label Syco (surprise!) and went on to release their debut album 'Stars' in the UK last month. It debuted at No.1. Kerching!
Now, however, Michael, Thomas, Richard, Jamie and Matt are turning their sights to Australia, with Sony confirming they'll be releasing 'Stars' here late next month.
Showcasing the gents' collective love for musical theatre, the album is packed with instantly recognisable tracks like 'Stars' and 'Bring Him Home' from 'Les Miserables', 'Over The Rainbow' from 'The Wizard Of Oz' and 'Somewhere' from 'West Side Story'.
The movies are covered, with 'Come What May' from 'Moulin Rouge', 'With You' from 'Ghost' and the kids' staple 'Let It Go' from 'Frozen', along with more contemporary songs, like 'Say Something' by A Great Big World' and 'All Of Me' by John Legend.
The 'Stars' will shine in Australia from Friday October 31. We wouldn't be surprised to see a promo tour by year's end.
Though the US performer was a little sketchy on the details - and they're still scant to say the least - what we've learned late this afternoon from his Aussie label Universal is that the new single is a lot closer than folks might expect.
According to them, 'i' will make its way to the Aussie iTunes store from midnight tonight on the East Coast, ahead of its premiere at Aussie media in the morning, giving punters the first taste of his upcoming third studio album.
Beyond that, it's more than eight years since she released her one and only album 'The Dutchess'.
But all that's about to change, with the singer revealing she'll drop a brand new single called 'L.A. Love (La La)' next week.
Produced by DJ Mustard, the single is expected to drop worldwide on Monday.
Presumably an album is set to follow.